You are almost there. In the first step, you would test for an interaction
between age and diagnosis in the DODS model with:
0 0 0 0 1 1 -1 -1
If there is no interaction, then you can move to the DOSS model (which includes
age) with contrast

0.5 0.5 -0.5 0.5 0

You need that last 0 to account for the age regressor