The MGX method is only valid in voxels that have some gray matter in
them (defined as 1% in the command line below), so any WM is set to 0
(probably accounts for the big hole that you see). The mgx output is
divided into cortical GM and subcortical GM, so you are probably looking
at the cortical GM part.