Hi Freesurfer Team,

I have a couple cases with large hemispheric ICH that have caused my recon to
hit the default wall-time of 96 hours. It seems to get hung up on the
correcting topology defects step for the affected hemisphere. My goal is to
have the recon at least finish so I can analyze the unaffected hemisphere.

I have tried WM-edits, and just recently tried generously covering the ICH in
the aseg.presurf with the WM-hypointensity label 77. I then submitted the recon
to start just after the aseg.presurf generation with the following tags, <
recon-all -autorecon2-cp -autorecon3 -subjid $subject >. However, when it gets
to the fix topology point for the affected hemisphere, it hangs at this point
with a huge defect as shown below:

reading brain volume from brain...
reading wm segmentation from wm...
Reading original properties of orig.nofix
Reading vertex positions of inflated.nofix
Computing Initial Surface Statistics
      -face       loglikelihood: -9.2324  (-4.6162)
      -vertex     loglikelihood: -6.5360  (-3.2680)
      -normal dot loglikelihood: -3.5251  (-3.5251)
      -quad curv  loglikelihood: -6.0339  (-3.0169)
      Total Loglikelihood : -25.3274
CORRECTING DEFECT 0 (vertices=26285, convex hull=5359, v0=0)

Is there something I can do to at least skip the correction of the affected
hemisphere?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch