External Email - Use Caution

Dear Dough,

Thanks for your reply. Below, I am summarizing my concerns from previous
emails:

*Q1. *I was wondering which of the following two options is better than the
other (or neither may be !):
(i) CFT < 0.001 and CWT < 0.1 (i.e., CWT = 0.07) (smoothing 12 mm) for
cortical thickness-behavior analysis (using MCZ)
or (ii) CFT < 0.05 and CWT < 0.001 (i.e., CWT = 0.0002) (smoothing 10 mm)
for cortical volume-behavior (using MCZ)

*Q2. *I tried 3rd option using PALM (most recommended !). I found that one
of the two clusters I found is very identical (visually) between PALM (CFT
= 0.05) and MCZ (CFT = 0.05 and CWT = 0.001) for cortical volume -behavior
association at smoothing 12 mm. However, the second cluster survives with
MCZ (CFT = 0.05 and CWT = 0.001), but not for PALM (CFT = 0.05). I have
following three concerns:

(a). Could you please confirm if PALM (CFT = 0.05, 10,000 permutations)
with following command is the best approach here (compared to MCZ)?
palm -i y.mgh -s fsaverage/surf/lh.white
 fsaverage/surf/lh.white.avg.area.mgh -d X.csv -t C1.csv -m mask.mgh -o plm
-C 1.95996 -Cstat extent -twotail -n 10000

If that's correct, then to save summary result file from PALM, I ran
mri_binarize, mris_calc and mri_surfcluster commands (by looking at
previous discussions in FreeSurfer forum). My concern is that the PALM
summary file gives one big cluster with peak within the orbitofrontal
gyrus, but visually it shows that it extends to fusiform and temporal
regions. Could you help me in figuring out the way to generate summary file
in such a way that I get summary of each region (using Desikan atlas) where
ever results extend (as opposed to the one I am getting now i.e., based on
where the peak is, and because there is only one peak so I get summary of
one big cluster around that peak)?

(b). The MCZ results clearly tell whether the correlation is negative or
positive (by looking at the cache*.summary and cache*.cluster.mgh files).
But I could not find a way from PALM results to make sure the correlation
is negative or positive. All the outputs e.g., *.fwep.mgz and *.tstat.mgz
show positive maps always. Could you help in finding the directionality of
correlations from PALM results?

(c). For MCZ I provide flag --2spaces (for Bonf. Correction of hemispheres)
so I assume that the above PALM command does not perform Bonf Correction,
and if so then I applied Bonf. Correction in mri_surfcluster command using
the flag --bonferroni 2. Could you please confirm is that's the correct way?

Thanks.