External Email - Use Caution

Hello Andrew-or others who might wish to help :-]

I've had to come back to this task after a while. I no longer have access
to the Linux PC, thus will need to do this on my Windows 10 installation of
FS (Oracle VM). What is the easiest way of achieving the task I described
(highlight a few brain regions in the DKT atlas)?

I tried updating FreeView as in the updated
<https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/UpdateFreeview> instructions,
but I am getting some no-space errors that I'd need to fix; also, this
update is in fact probably meant for direct Linux (not Windows VM)
installations anyway.

I see there is now a non-VM way
<https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/WindowsSupport> of running FS on
Windows. However, since figures in older papers (such as Fig 1 in this
<https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0038511>
one)
exist that show certain ROIs on a blank fsaverage, I still wonder whether
there is a way to do it with the standard VM image. The problem is, typing
freeview at my command line there still returns "bash:
/usr/local/freesurfer/bin/freeview: cannot execute binary file".

Thank you again for your help!
--Francesco