External Email - Use Caution

Dear experts,

I posted a message last week about converting NIFTI files into GIFTI format,
then GIFTI to CIFTI, whilst keeping these functional data in the same space as
the subjects FS surface. I got some information RE usign the HCP workbench, but
I wondered if running mri_vol2surf could achieve the same thing as running the
wb_command? For example, is it advisable to run the following command for each
hemisphere and then merge them into a single GIFTI/CIFTI in the next steps?

  *   mri_vol2surf --src filtered_func_data.nii.gz --out movie_surface.gii
--srcreg partial-to-struct.lta --hemi lh --projfrac 0.5 --out_type gii
I have also tried the wb_command option but this has been unsuccesful:

I first ran the mris_convert to convert the relevant surf files into .gii
format (from FS format)

  *   e.g. mris_convert lh.pial lh.pial.surf.gii
I then applied the transformation to align the filtered_func to the T1

  *   mri_vol2vol --mov filtered_func_data.nii.gz --reg partial-to-struct.lta
--fstarg --o movie_t1_space.nii.gz
I then tried to run the following wb command

  *   wb_command -volume-to-surface-mapping
/home/masontwells/Documents/Data/MovPPT_001/MovPPT_001.feat/movie_t1_space.nii.gz

/home/masontwells/Documents/Data/freesurfer/subjects/MovPPT_001/surf/lh.inflated.surf.gii
 /home/masontwells/Documents/Data/MovPPT_001/lh_movie.gii -ribbon-constrained
/home/masontwells/Documents/Data/freesurfer/subjects/MovPPT_001/surf/lh.white.surf.gii

/home/masontwells/Documents/Data/freesurfer/subjects/MovPPT_001/surf/lh.pial.surf.gii
Which resulted in this subsequent error.

ERROR: NAME OF FILE: movie_t1_space.nii.gz
PATH TO FILE: /home/masontwells/Documents/Data/MovPPT_001/MovPPT_001.feat

Unable to allocate memory for reading the file.

File Size: 3.24 Gigabytes

Note: The amount of memory required to read a data file may be substantially
larger than the size of the file due to the way the file's data is organized in
memory or compression of data within the file.

Any advice on how to convert NIFTI to GIFTI and then GIFTI to CIFTI whilst
keeping the data in the subjects space would be really appreciated.

Best wishes,
Mason

Mason T Wells, MSc
PhD student
School of Optometry and Vision Sciences
& Cardiff University Brain Research
Imaging Centre (CUBRIC), School of Psychology
Cardiff University
Cardiff
CF24 4HQ
UK

Email: wells...@cardiff.ac.uk<mailto:wells...@cardiff.ac.uk>
Tel: 02920 879628
Web: Cardiff University
webpage<https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/people/research-students/view/974214->
Mason T Wells, MSc
Myfyriwr PhD
Yr Ysgol Optometreg a Gwyddorau’r Golwg
& Canolfan Ymchwil Delweddu’r Ymennydd Prifysgol Caerdydd (CUBRIC), Yr Ysgol
Seicoleg
Prifysgol Caerdydd
Heol Maindy
Caerdydd