Hi Douglas,

You asked a good question which prompted me to do an experiment with just
"-threads 8 -itkthreads 8".

The run time has been quite slower (~8 hours) compared to ~5 hours it took with
"-parallel -openmp 8".

I agree with you about the underestimation of run time with the latter flags in
that page. Though the page stipulates

3 hours, I have never been able to get a freesurfer done in less than 5 hours.
Maybe it is related to the resolution of my

data?

-Tashrif

.

-parallel -openmp 4

should run things with 4 processors and parallelize across hemi where it can
The run time on that page is probably not accurate. But is it faster when you
use those options?