There is a bug in recon-all when trying to only run with one hemi (actually there are several bugs). Currently, it is failing at mris_volmask, which needs to have --lh appended to the command line. You can do this with an expert options file. This is  simple text file that should have the contents
mris_volmask --lh
Also, when you run recon-all with -lh instead of -hemi lh
I think there will be more problems, but this might get an aparc+aseg.mgz with only one hemi