External Email - Use Caution

Hi,

I am setting up an Access Control List for an isolated VLAN in which my
center's neuroimaging computing workstations will be connected to our
hospital's network for data back-up.

We want to be able to connect to Freesurfer's website while connected to
the VLAN, and we need to supply which ports the website accesses. I used
nmap to scan and see which ports are open, and I found this:

PORT    STATE  SERVICE

21/tcp  open   ftp

80/tcp  open   http

443/tcp open   https

Our hospital's IT is unsure if the FTP port can be opened without a
security breach, and they are wondering if we will still be able to access
the website without the 21/FTP port opened?

Can anyone provide me with that information?

Thanks,

Hannah