Try adding a -p as below (-p indicates that it is a patch)
mris_convert -p lh.full.flat.patch.3d flat_lh.gii

On 4/20/2021 2:50 PM, Suzanne Nie wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Hello Freesurfer Developers,

I'm attempting to create a full surfaces folder in the filestore based on the example, with flat_lh.gii, inflated_lh.gii, pia_lh.gii, wm_lh.gii, and those for the right hemisphere in order to use cortex.quickshow, plt.show, and cortex.webgl.show.

I used cortex.freesurfer.flatten to create files lh.full.flat.patch.3d and rh.full.flat.patch.3d from lh.full.patch.3d that I created from making cuts. I want to convert these files to flat_lh.gii, but mris_conver gives me segmentation fault errors.

mris_convert lh.full.flat.patch.3d flat_lh.gii

ASSERTION FAILED: /Users/developer/space_freesurfer/build/tulum/trunk/developer-7.1.1/utils/mrisurf_metricProperties.cpp:4323 mris->dist_nsize == 0

ASSERTION FAILED: /Users/developer/space_freesurfer/build/tulum/trunk/developer-7.1.1/utils/mrisurf_metricProperties.cpp:4323 mris->dist_nsize == 0

Segmentation fault: 11

I was unable to find similar issues. If my goal is to display using cortex.webgl.show, is creating these files the correct step and if so, are there any instructions explaining possible steps?

- Freesurfer Version: freesurfer-darwin-macOS-7.1.1-20200811-8b40551

- Platform: macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7

- Darwin Suzannes-MBP 19.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Mon Aug 31 22:12:52 PDT 2020; root:xnu-6153.141.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

- recon-all.log attached

Thank you,

Suzanne