External Email - Use Caution

Hi FreeSurfer devs,

Thanks for the program! I am assisting in a study comparing structural
neuroimaging data between groups. Some of the MRI files exist as .dcm, while
others exist as .IMA. Given the variability in FreeSurfer outputs noted here:
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1_vxoF_SONV8dZuTkJbocobHWUZzyYP1cLrpyTK0qXC1WT__JHZ-EmKWVOouDaQIxdX9rKjG03L7V_q9yXLSx5jAArzFsODFNTP2fNYVKl8Sy6qSPQAlTTliYz3WDJmXtxBi8dDhAcKNZNtR6w97c2QCx6hnFV1fHmxkwetSdRL1bqSDLaBlErmZvkxbCbyTwETzd-gtIowaGpLqGKioDdc7P1093WISpeOTCRbIwdMLLAZ4kWpAqbmX23NchHsY6gsJEbSBlAytTpuR5DHP9Qw/https%3A%2F%2Fjournals.plos.org%2Fplosone%2Farticle%3Fid%3D10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0038234,
 is it a sound practice for me to run recon-all on both dicom and IMA files
within the same study? Or should I convert all files to NIFTI, and run analyses
on those files (to eliminate the potential influence of filetype on output)?

I only ask because I've already run recon-all on quite a few IMA files, and
would have to re-do these scripts if it's better for me to convert to nifti
first.

I look forward to your response, and thanks again for all the work that you lot
do!
Nate