Dear Jason,

Thank you very much for the interest in our tools.

We understand that intracranial volume (ICV) is a crucial covariate in
volumetric analysis and are working on incorporating it into SynthSeg (and
SynthSeg+). The good news is that we have a prototype pretty much ready and it
should be added to the development version of FreeSurfer pretty soon.

As for the whole brain volume: it should be straightforward for users to
compute it theirselves, and then they’re free to included or disregards eg
ventricles as they wish. But I’m open to being convinced of the opposite.
Either way, it’s a trivial change to the code.

Cheers,

/Eugenio

Juan Eugenio Iglesias
http://www.jeiglesias.com