External Email - Use Caution

Dear FreeSurfer experts,

I have a question on the usage of mri_vol2surf's option, "--projopt". What
I want to do is to map the diffusion scalar value (like mean diffusivity
[MD]) to the cortical surface. Though mri_vol2surf with --projfrac 0.5
worked pretty well, I also tried with --projopt which I assumed to yield
better dealing with the partial volume effects.

However, when I run with --projopt, I encountered the following errors.
error: GM estimation at vno 31257 couldn't find enough samples
error: GM estimation at vno 31258 couldn't find enough samples

It looks the code tells me there is not enough data to solve the problem.
Could you please instruct me what should I do to use mri_vol2surf with
--projopt ?

My diffusion maps are in 1.7mm isotropic voxel and aligned with anatomical
T1w with BBregister, and I used the code as below.

################

tkregister2 --mov ${SUBJECTS_DIR}/${subject}/mri/norm.mgz --s ${subject}
--regheader --reg regheader.subject.dat --noedit
mri_compute_volume_fractions regheader.subject.dat
${SUBJECTS_DIR}/${subject}/mri/norm.mgz pvf
  # this gave me pvf.wm.mgz, pvf.csf.mgz, pvf.cortex.mgz, which are in 1mm
voxel

mv pvf.cortex.mgz pvf.gm.mgz
  # rename to pvf.gm.mgz to be compatible with the file name that appears
in mri_vol2surf code

mri_vol2surf --mov MD.nii.gz --regheader ${subject} --hemi lh --surf white
--projopt pvf --o lh.MD_pvf.GM.mgz