External Email - Use Caution

Hello Ahmed,
This
 can result from how the code was compiled and/or optimized for older
versions of MacOS - which may not translate well to running on newer
versions of MacOS.  In your case, the the Mac is also running the
Rosetta environment to translate the Intel binary instructions to run on
 the arm M1 chip.   The code would probably have to be complied
differently to address this.
If you have an example command and file input you could share, you could send
it along and we could try and reproduce it.
- R.

 environment to translate instructions compiled

On Jul 12, 2022, at 09:28, Abdelkarim, Ahmed <a.ka...@ucl.ac.uk>
wrote:        External Email - Use
Caution        Hello I have an
issue getting SynthSR working with FreeSurfer dev.I have MacBook Pro with apple
M1 chip and MacOS Monterey. In bash terminal, after setting up FreeSurfer,
and running the SynthSR command, I get this error ‘’Illegal instruction:
4’’. Have you had a similar issue before? Any advice? Many thanks in
advance. RegardsAhmed  _______________________________________________Freesurfer
 mailing
listfreesur...@nmr.mgh.harvard.eduhttps://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/freesurfer

--
This is a copy of a message which has been originally sent to:
"To" field: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu