External Email - Use Caution

Dear freesurfer experts,

I was wondering if ?h.sphere.reg files have any coordinates in space tagged to
them? What I actually mean is I'm using TRACULA which itself use the following
files from mri and surf folder (all created by running recon-all on T1 image):
aparc+aseg.mgz, brain.mgz, brainmask.mgz, orig.mg, T1.mgz and
ThalamicNuclei.v12.Ta.FSvoxelSpace.mgzlh.thickness,rh.thickness,lh.white,rh.white,lh.sphere.reg,rh.shere.reg.
 I have all these files (except ?h.thickness and ?h.sphere.reg) in new
coordinates in space created by co-registration. The pipeline we use to create
recon-all results is almost the same as freesurfer pipeline with a slight
difference in autorecon1 step, so the final results are almost always the same
but the coordinate of the brain in 3D space is different, so we usually end up
co-register one's reconstruction result (from our pipeline) with oneself T1.nii
(come from mri_convert T1.dcm) so the structural mri reconstruction and dwi dcm
files are in the same coordinate and can overlay. My understanding is that
there is no coordinate tagged to ?h.sphere.reg files in 3D space, rather they
are regulatory files which include some information about x,y,z vertices in
regard to the surface of a hypothetical sphere (and the xyz are coming from the
curvature of one's brain). As a result, I can use ?h.sphere.reg files as they
are without any need to make any changes to match my files after they are
coregistered. Is my understanding correct?

I'm sorry if my language is not clear enough. I tried my best to describe the
situation, but I'm not sure if my description is clear enough.

Thank you for your help and time.
Ela