Hello,
I apologize if this has been answered before though I could not find this
specific information in the archives. We are hoping to export the Thalamic
nuclei segmentations to 3D volumes outside of Freeview/Freesurfer (e.g. .stl or
other options) to perform a number of calculations in python or Matlab or
visualize in Blender. I have been able to use 3DSlicer and get segmentation and
3D renders by importing the "aparc.DKTatlas+aseg.mgz" file and export .stl
files in 3DSlicer, but, when I import the
"ThalamicNuclei.v12.T1.FSvoxelSpace.mgz" file, it is only showing the entire
thalamus as a mask in 3DSlicer though the nuclei are segmented in Freeview.

Is there another type of export from FreeSurfer that would allow this type of
saved volume/surface export?
Thank you for all your help,
Angelique