Ok, thank you! Would the command to add the label to glmfit then be
--label file.label or --label fsaverage/label/file.label? I found different
suggestions in the mail_archives, with some explicitly specifying the
fsaverage-path and some not.

Is it possible to then run permutations as per the FS permutation tutorial with
the output from above (after including the --eres-save flag in the mri_glmfit
command)?

Kind regards,

Carl

On 12/12/2022 6:14 PM, Trolle, Carl wrote:
> Thank you for the reply,
>
>  1. Once each participant's aparc has been broken and we've created
>     the desired new label for each participant, should we create this,
>     the desired label, for fsaverage and follow the remaining steps of
>     the ROI-tutorial (e.g resample with mris_label2label using
>     fsaverage as the srcsubject)? Sorry didn't quite understand this part.

Nope, once you have the ROI you want in the native subject space, just
use it, no need to go to fsaverage at all. That was only for if you were
going to draw your own label. Instead of drawing it on 10s or 100s of
subjects you would draw it once on fsaverage then transfer it to all
your subjects. But you don't need to do that.

> 1.
>

> ??? 3. We can't seem to get mris_register and mri_ca_label working
> with FS711 or 720, it's running fine with 732 and the dev-version
> (attaching a simple montage to show the output we're getting; we've
> tried to force FreeSurfer to use a manually designated central sulcus
> to move the pre and post central gyri "forward"). I think there was a
> mention that mris_register wasn't running as intended prior to 732
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg73308.html>.?
> Thank you for the clarification!
Unfortunately, I don't remember what I was referring to. As far as I
know mris_register and mri_ca_label were working normally pre 732.