How about unchecking the “Up to unlabeled” option?

On Apr 4, 2023, at 6:04 AM, Dilara Erişen
<dilara.eri...@gmail.com<mailto:dilara.eri...@gmail.com>> wrote:

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi,

I want to create ROI labels by dividing the activation cluster from functional
localizer scan into visual areas. I used to be able to do this by projecting
the activation cluster together with visual area labels I have generated with
retinotopy analysis onto the surface using tksurfer and using the flags: "up to
functional values below threshold", "up to unlabeled" and "up to other labels".
For example, if I want to fill the above threshold vertices in V2, it will fill
it up to V1/V2 and V2/V3 boundaries. However, now that I moved my analysis
pipeline to Freeview I'm having problems with "up to other labels" options. It
prints "Did not fill/remove any vertices" on the terminal and nothing happens
on the Freeview screen.

Here are the steps I take:
- I load the surface together with the overlay (functional localizer
activation) and labels (from the retinotopy analysis: V1, V2 and V3)
- I select the custom fill option and click on a vertex inside the visual area
label.
- I select "create new label" with "up to functional values below threshold",
"up to unlabeled" and "up to other labels".
- nothing happens (see attachment)

Is this not the way the "up to other labels" option is intended to be used? If
so, can you suggest another way to achieve my goal? Or is this a bug?

Thank you,
Dilara

1. FreeSurfer version:
freesurfer-linux-ubuntu18_x86_64-7.2.0-20210721-aa8f76bhow
2. Platform: 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
3. uname -a: Linux ada 5.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 12 10:30:17 UTC
2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux