From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Man YANG
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 6:52 AM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] Error: MRInormFindControlPoints: could not find enough
control points

        External Email - Use Caution
Dear Freesurfer experts,

I was trying this command: $ recon-all -s Desikan -i /path/to/nii -all, to
generate the anno files.

But it ends up with the errors of MRInormFindControlPoints: could not find
enough control points

The .nii file I am using is the volume of Desikan (MailScanner has detected a
possible fraud attempt from "secure-web.cisco.com" claiming to be
https://secure-web.cisco.com/1QmJlv1GwEibBBC1yLxvvHNxX-Kpy1Ia9CYNYJfh3u6vbgL75w7AhIdReYJf-ZipH94uB1lyAow_8x8aJq-cEWbtSZOzbFRlIUHRMcIPGesJB0x3mcsQSzGJ5I7VfrLdxHJeNrC_PbmUjcG_dB7EazEAESamgNatx7WWH3HPlpzt6IRFEC0AhygNLtr0g8z3nPpOu6siEP1vM0CTqWha1naYivb2CdBIGgFXORKKFYsQ3oDdfmnW0czW7KB9On23akxiOfaWk4J-nVlMwdzU6hQ/https%3A%2F%2Fneurovault.org%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2F1446%2Faparcaseg.nii.gz<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1oAobD21AB7j6CTjrLH5TvgaAb42Ta0SmXExD6UJ8gzF1YXoix0wGJ0Ho-9kGiXNk8_K8UOOaJRvuX4ciZ5HGYQB1KulXBEyyRzz74TL7hsPmCv3KCrRZ4UPLld69kQRyhR6SsvVKmhzZ0PLuT5gPiqbd0OQW-wZJxuiNFA1lkDf7VaGt5QEqOU5ePNMJK8XAVcOxOEduCVvZMiyaQGyEGBkAxiR6K7mKbJR9oD3_50EheKjowkAAhFfKFpArqq6VJ8IWg9PHpkk5JsgPGnSICJLP_NBEl1zTGIgpptlPRnTITTukrPGWy4egsDAWRrxTCKN3KzhUwrSku4bl5lVUHw/https%3A%2F%2Fneurovault.org%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2F1446%2Faparcaseg.nii.gz>)

I’m using FS v7.1.1, macOS Ventura 13.4. Any ideas how I can solve this?

Enclosed please find the recon-all.log

Thank you so much!

Yang