From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> On Behalf Of Westin, Karin
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2024 6:10 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] mris_convert reading surf.gii files?

        External Email - Use Caution

Hi

I'm trying to create an .annot file from a label.gii file using an HCP
fsavarage.surf.gii file (eg mris_convert --annot my_label.label.gii
fsaverage_template.L.surf.gii lh.my_annot.annot). However I keep getting the
error

** failed to open GIFTI XML file
'fs_L-to-fs_LR_fsaverage.L_LR.spherical_std.164k_fs_L.surf.gii'

mrisReadGIFTIdanum: gifti_read_image() returned NULL

Is there a better way to read/open CIFTI files using mris_convert?

Best and thanks
Karin