Alan, I think we need radios which will take advantage of our best
modulations and modes. These radios do not have FM demodulators, but use
SDR.

There isn't really any point in implementing Codec2 on radios where it does
not present any improvement over present practice. If you only have an FM
receiver, you might as well use DMR, D*STAR, etc.

    Thanks

    Bruce

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 5:15 PM, Alan Beard <bear...@unixservice.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In developing code for a repeater (parrot for now) that will "blow away"
> the performance of our current FM repeaters, a "standard" mode would be
> good.
>
> We all have a "love-hate" relationship to AMBExxx but, it being stable, we
> have been able to develop repeaters for modes P25, D-Star, Fusion, DMR and
> NXDN. This gets us all involved in this new technology in both the software
> and RF areas. A good thing.
>
> So, not to be pushy, do we have any idea when these new modes will be in an
>  app to use them over air?
> When will the code be ready for me to use in my parrot repeater?
>
> (full duplex isn't hard in software but is hard at the RF end,
> a transmitter running yet not interfering with the receiver)
>
> Alan VK2ZIW
>
> Evil flourishes when good men do nothing.
> Consider the Christmas child.
> ---------------
> Alan Beard               Unix Support Technician from 1984 to today
> 70 Wedmore Rd.           Sun Solaris, AIX, HP/UX, Linux, SCO, MIPS
> Emu Heights N.S.W. 2750  Routers, terminal servers, printers, terminals
> etc..
> +61 2 47353013 (h)       Support Programming, shell scripting, "C",
> assembler
> 0414 353013 (mobile)     After uni, electronics tech

Bruce Perens K6BP - CEO, Legal Engineering
Standards committee chair, license review committee member, co-founder,
Open Source Initiative
President, Open Research Institute; Board Member, Fashion Freedom
Initiative.