On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 2:22 PM David Rowe <da...@rowetel.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard, re:
>
> The LPCNet codec isn't usable in real time without AVX acceleration, I
> can't think of a use case for loading a non-optimised version.

Is it possible to "kill it with hardware" with a modern CPU at this point?
Jaroslav wants to package LPCNet for Fedora/FreeDV integration into Quisk.

It's not designed to be a stand alone library/package available for
> other applications.  Rather it's a highly experimental chunk of code,
> that I put in a separate Git repo for development purposes.

In that case we should probably do a static build for FreeDV but I need to
see how that affects Quisk...  There's one gotcha, there's no internet
access of the official builders on purpose to prevent that. So I'd need to
add it as another source to the package and see if I can get CMake to
"find" and use it.

Thanks,
Richard