On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 3:56 AM Jesper Norberg <jazzpur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a project where I want to add a digital radio feel to
> military voice lines.

I'm not speaking for the project, but my personal feeling is that this
endangers the project.

Codecs are on the US Munitions list, and the rules here in the US include
that if people working on the project who are in the US* render aid *to
defense projects, for example by answering your questions on this mailing
list, our work is in danger of coming under the US export laws ITAR or EAR.
Australia, where David is, has somewhat different rules, and they differ
among countries. But this is serious stuff, and includes the potential for
some of us to go to prison.

    Thanks

    Bruce