"David Turner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> this will generate an error with certain compilers/pre-processors if
> __LP64__ is not defined.  generally speaking #if XXXXX is not a
> portable statement, except if you ensure that the macro is always
> defined beforehand.

Is this true according to the C standard, or a problem with any
non-obsolete compilers?

[I ask because such usage is widespread, and although gcc has a warning for
it, it doesn't get turned on even with "-ansi -pedantic -Wall -Wextra",
you have to enable it explicitly.]

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.