> Oh and, how do you want me to commit the stuff? One big commit or all
> nicely broken up?

As Alexei answered already: It's basically up to you.  However, you've
shown us small chunks, which is good, so simply use them.

> And by ChangeLog you mean the file, not that I should rewrite my
> commit messages?

Both.  The normal way is to write a ChangeLog entry, then using it as
a commit message (removing leading whitespace, and without name and
e-mail address) while doing `git commit'.

I know it's extra work to write ChangeLog entries, but it ensures that
the entries have a good quality.  It's far too easy to write `git
commit', entering a sloppy commit message.

    Werner