Yes, I can do that. Perhaps I use FT_LOAD_SUBPIXEL_HINTING instead? Or do you want to use FT_LOAD_CLEARTYPE_HINTING so that people understand what this is attempting to duplicate? Just looking at it from a trademark point-of-view.

I would also like to get others to test the patch before formally submitting anything, to make sure I'm approaching it as generally as possible, and not specific to the fonts I like.