Hi,

first off all for all the people who don't read the cvs logs: my new
skin is making progress. It can look like blue1_big, blue1_small,
blue_round1 and aubin_round1 (called blue_round2 in the new
skin). Everything is located in skins/dischi1. Also working: mp3
player and the beginning of the extended view (press DISPLAY inside
the audio menu to take a look, only in blue1_big). Still missing is
the tv module. The popup boxes won't be implemented, that part is done
by gui/* now (only integrated in video/videoitem.py right now). Nice
feature for testing: press DISPLAY in the main menu to get a skin
selector.

But now to the reason I write this mail: the DISPLAY button should
toggle the normal and the extended view. But what is the extended
view?

First of all, we have text and image listings. We need them both,
image should be default and the skin should switch back to text view
if the images are all the same (e.g. inside a mp3 folder with one
cover). So DISPLAY could toggle text and image view. Maybe there is
also an image with text view, but I think it's still an image view.

Second we have an info area. The tv menu toggles between a large
listing and a smaller one with an info area. We can also have an info
area for the movie/audio/image/games menu. Should DISPLAY toggle
between with and without info area?

Right now in the current skin and in the new skin in the audio
directory, freevo toggles between text without info and image with
info. But do we want that? When freevo auto switches back to text
view because we are inside a mp3 folder, don't we still want the info
area? Should DISPLAY toggle between all four states?

Idea: DISPLAY toggles between simple and extended. Simple is the
current text view. Extended is image with view area. When all images
are the same, extended is text with view area. Basicly we have three
configurations, but you can toggle between two, and the extended part
toggles automaticly between two internal choices.

Suggestions, comments please.

I don't do drugs anymore 'cause I find I get the same effect just by
standing up really fast.