On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:16:55PM +0100, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> The second thing is drawstringframed. Do know the area this function
> will draw I want the coordinates back. I hacked it into the
> soft-function some time ago, the hard-function is still not
> ready. Since it's your code, maybe you could add that. I also would
> like to have a pretend-to-draw function. I only want the coordinates,
> don't draw. Right now I use a dummy layer for that, but that's not the
> correct way of doing it. Maybe color==None will be the pretend-mode.

I hacked the main1_tv.py skin to return an array of co-ordinates by
the "timeslot" which is the channel_id and the start time in UTC;
then, to redraw an item, I just do

redraw old surface
surface = getsurface(array[channel_id and time]
drawhighlighted area (array[channel_id and time])
return

Then, each time it's called, it draws the old surface back, and
draws the new one, so the surface variable always contains the
previous surface.

Aubin