I am starting with encondingsserver (really, it's Real Soon NOW, i expect to
have something cooked up by the end of the month). It will also open the way
for people to make an encoding plugin for recorded tv shows (handy for pvr250
users running out of diskspace).

On Thursday 08 January 2004 16:28, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> o support for dvds on harddisc

Like i said on IRC, this can also be handled by a plugin wich keeps a list of
dvd-on-disc movies. Letting mmpython find these is pretty good but will grow
a speed bump as it needs to check inside every directory to see if it's a dvd
image. People usually don't have much dvd's-on-disc anyway.

Some other ideas
- XML config (someone is working on that i think)
- Unified OnScreen plugin config.
To configure plugins i would like to see a unified plugin config. Freevo
 could call a certain function on each plugin and get a dict of option with a
 list of settings for each option or a "type" of setting (directory, file,
 number, string(to be avoided) ). Then we could use that information to make
 a unified plugin configurator. The settings could then be stored
 (pickle/xml) and distributed to the appropriate plugin on startup (or we
 make the plugin's responsible for storing that). This will also take some
 weight off the back of the main config system (because i think it will grow
 a bit beyond managable levels).
- A directory/file dialog chooser
Would come in handy with onscreen configuration etc.