Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 12:21 -0400, Chris Griffiths wrote:
>> If the bmovl2 output works how I think it'll work (menus, movies etc.
>> will play all from within one instance of mplayer), then it'll get rid
>> of the TV-out resets that happen everytime a new DirectFB app takes over
>> the display :)
>
> This is how MeBox works, but I don't think it's how Freevo will work.
>
> With MeBox, when no movie is playing, it just loads a black.avi and
> pauses it.  So you're always in MPlayer.  But with Freevo I think when
> MPlayer is finished it will exit and fall back to whatever your non-
> bmovl2 display is.
>
> Maybe not, Dischi will know. :)

As a first step, yes. But later, we could provide a bmovl2 only
output. I have a lot of strange ideas in my head, let's see how many
can be done. :-)

Dischi

P.S.: Hint: mplayer G2 may not be dead yet and will have have a much
      cleaner api

--
Real Men don't make backups.  They upload it via ftp and let the world
mirror it.