Hey all
Short version of solution, upgrade to a 2.6.13 kernel, IVTV 4.0 and
use teh CVS Freevo if you have python 2.4. It turns out the really
culprit was that the 2.4.29 kernel's tuner module did not support the
PVR-150 and ivtv has basicaly stopped suport of the 2.4.x series
kernels. The Freevo crashes andvariable errors where being cuased by
freevo not knowing how to handle the lack of/bad information being
feed to it by the ivtv drivers. I will see about updating the week
this weekend.

Dischi-
  The CVS is running well and seems pretty stable. What is left before
you are ready for a 1.5.4 release?

Evan