Duncan,

> I think what you are looking for is the correct MPLAYER_ARGS in
> local_conf.py. It is the file extension that is used so you can set
> specific options for particular file types.
>
> HTH
> Duncan

Yes in essence.  Unfortunately, the MPLAYER_ARGS array cannot be used to
overload the MPLAYER_VO_DEV switch (at least
that is my understanding from attempting to read the code).
If mplayer runs with -VO xvmc,vo, then it doesn't play flv files properly.

I don't have a workable solution.

My MPLAYER_VO_DEV must have xvmc,vo, (for HD mpeg2 files) however, that breaks
flv file play.

Does that make sense?

Jim