On 2012-05-29 22:50, Adam Charrett wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 21:20 +0200, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  I recently took the step to upgrade from 1.9.0 to freevo1-git. Three
> >  issues encountered so far.
> >
> >  1) The Manage Recordings folder shows only some of the files in my /
> >  media/tv directory. It used to show all files. I have a habit
> >  of just dropping 'stuff I receive' in that folder for later viewing and no
> >  that doesn't work any more. I have hunch that might be because
> >  those files lack fxd metadata (they never will have fxds).
>
> Well the RecordingsManager plugin has been altered in that regard, but I
> would add that the scenario you describe isn't the way it is designed to
> work so I wouldn't say it will work without issue....
Ok. Fair enough. Any chance it can be made to pick up stuff as it
appears, or is the directory to  be considered 'managed' territory
in the future?

The one thing that got me hooked in freevo (vs mythtv when I got
my htpc) was the transparency it gave when comparing the its view
of the world with what I could see myself with a simple 'ls' and 'cat'.
Entrusting mythtv's sqldb with all my metadata was not really an
appealing prospect.

> >  2) I have subdirs in my /media/tv. Now none of them are shown in the menu.
>
> Shown where? Not sure what you are saying here?
The "Manage Recordings" menu. Whenever I get a batch of avi:s from
somewhere, I place them in a folder (mkdir, cp), to be viewed like any
other show.

> >  3) What about the epg? It's now all empty. Any guides as to what
> >  (re)configuration one has to do? (analog tv)
>
> freevo1-git now uses kaa-epg and to access the guide you need to be
> running the recordserver.
Hmm, now I see that it doesn't start ok;

#  /usr/bin/freevo --daemon recordserver
tv ~ #
Warning: freevo_config.py was changed, please check local_conf.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/helpers/recordserver.py",
line 58, in <module>
     import tv.record_types
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/tv/record_types.py",
line 41, in <module>
     import util.tv_util as tv_util
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/util/tv_util.py",
line 35, in <module>
     import tv.epg
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/freevo/tv/epg.py", line 14,
in <module>
     kaa.epg.listen(('', 10000), config.RECORDSERVER_SECRET)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/kaa/epg/__init__.py", line
73, in listen
     server.append(Server(guide, address, secret))
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/kaa/epg/rpc.py", line 210,
in __init__
     self._rpc = kaa.rpc.Server(address, secret)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/kaa/base/rpc.py", line 178,
in __init__
     self._socket.listen(address)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/kaa/base/sockets.py", line
532, in listen
     sock, addr = self._make_socket(addr, overwrite=True)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/kaa/base/sockets.py", line
433, in _make_socket
     sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET6, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/socket.py", line 184, in __init__
     _sock = _realsocket(family, type, proto)
TypeError: an integer is required

> To load in the listings use
>
> freevo tv_grab -- -u
Hmmm. My git copy doesn't have an -u option
  # freevo tv_grab -- --help

Freevo 1.9.2-git started at Thu May 31 10:39:54 2012
Usage: freevo tv_grab [options]

Downloads the listing for xmltv and cache the data

   --version    show program's version number and exit
   --help, -h   show this help message and exit
   --query, -q  print a list of all stations. The list can be used to
set TV_CHANNELS [default:False]