Note that they're different functions: putStrLn works only with strings,
while println handles everything that has a show instance.
For example, you cannot say

    putStrLn ("foo", 42)

but you CAN say

    println ("foo", 42)

That said, I personally dislike typing camel case names, so I'd use
printlln even for plain strings.

Regards, Ingo