---
F R E N D Z  of martian
---
What's truly the pits is when they have an automatic voice eg. at Swindon
anouncing that the train announcement computer is "...very sorry for any
delay the late train MAY have caused you..."

Or how about the one I heard the other day "we're sorry for the delay to
your arrival in Bristol Temple Meads this evening which was caused by...."
We thought we were going to discover why we'd been sitting for ages in the
middle of nowhere, but no: "....operating difficulties".

I feel like wringing the neck of the station manager for being so
patronising but I can never find the **stard.

But...... I have to say - with my 'new deal' card it's only a fiver day
return Bristol to Oxford - and the guards are usually up for a whinge about
privatisation - they've got time on their hands as I'm almost the only one
on the train.

Tony

At 14:40 25/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
>---
>F R E N D Z  of martian
>---
>My train was late running this morning, becasue of high winds causing leaves
>on the track.
>Apparently, the high winds were causing leaves to be blown onto the line.
>Now forgive me for being argumentative, but if the winds are so pissing
>high, what chance does a leaf have on staying on a 3" track?? If they just
>admitted it was running late because the driver got pissed last night and
>isnt in yet, I would prefer it.

Tony Gosling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Dust off your Bible:  http://www.bilderberg.org/trib.htm
Common origin of NATO/BILDERBERG/EU
http://www.bilderberg.org/bildhist.htm#The

WEBSITE  http://www.tlio.demon.co.uk  CLOSED BY DEMON INTERNET
Read all about it:  http://www.bilderberg.org/index.htm

Tony's research  http://www.bilderberg.org
To join roughly monthly Bilderberg email list contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
PEPIS as subject. Archive is at http://www.egroups.com/messages/pepis

ECOVILLAGE NETWORK UK   http://www.ecovillages.org/uk/network/
THE LAND IS OURS:   http://www.egroups.com/list/ecovillageuk/
I-CONTACT VIDEO:   http://www.videonetwork.org