Dear Bill,

Well, you note, " How the hell do you program a human mind in there???
It takes us several years just to learn to talk!"

Part of the answer is, "We just copy the ability from computer to computer".

I agree, but we are still very far from doing it for only one machine!

 But our external knowledge and technology cumulate,
so in 2016 we'll be able to organize computer knowledge much better than we do know,

Also agree, but what I claim is that maybe the evolution of software is not exponential, as it is with hardware, so there would be no singularity in sight...

Whether this all leads to a singularity followed by the Cyberiad,
or simply continues as a long-term symbiotic relationship (man and dog, computer and man),
I don't know - I favor the latter.

Me too.

Best regards,

    Carlos Gershenson...
    Centrum Leo Apostel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
    Krijgskundestraat 33. B-1160 Brussels, Belgium

  “Tendencies tend to change...”