You're right Steve, average fuel efficiency does not go up after 55mph, it
goes down. It varies from car to car but you'd see something like a 20%
increase in fuel consumption going from 55mph to 75mph. Consumption is also
highly dependent on how you drive. See
http://eartheasy.com/live_fuel_efficient_driving.htm.

The conclusion? Anyone on this list who professes to really really care
about doing something about climate change yet doesn't start driving along
freeways at 55 mph instead of 75 mph is - like Gore - nothing more than a
posturing demagogue.

Robert