Oh yes... how the fix for the need for a "Goldilocks" magic in setting the
price for unmarketable assets.  It's very simple.   Just use your best
realistic guess.   You don't worry about putting the tax payer on the hook
by including the provision that the costs of stabilizing a system brought
down by a tragedy of a commons caused by people excessively profiting from
it, will be born by the people who profited, once it can be decide how to
measure that sometime later...

---
Another way to say why there is a phase transition to instability there is
that it is inherent in pushing learning tasks to exceed their response
times.  Becoming incoherent in response is a kind of system failure that
leads to systems to collapse for any critical part.  That is part of that
learning theorem I presented graphically 30 years ago.
http://www.synapse9.com/pub/theInfiniteSoc.pdf

It's now more simply stated as just that the limit of learning is unexpected
complications, an environmental signal you can not include in your plan,
model or theory.   It's particularly useful as the corollary that growth
processes will lead to collapse unless the way they are changed by running
into limits is by developing stability instead.

The fix?  Learn when to expect complications and how to see them coming.

Phil