In the 80s we did a lotta work on that, designed, built and tested them.
Didn't talk, did!  The shrinkwrap is actually a shape like a vertical
streamlined fin, narrow and tall, on a light stringer airframe  covered with
Monokote, that encloses the frame and rider.  Huge benefits obtain from this.
In the course of our road test work at the old Ontario Race Track we
achieved human powered speeds in excess of 55 mph, and, as a delightful touch,
prevailed upon a CA Highway Patrol officer to come pace us officially , and
give the rider a ticket for exceeding the freeway speed limit; in those energy
confused days it was 55 mph!

Streamlined bikes are not much use.  You need a few warm bodies to drop the
fairing on you and set you up.  And, of course, crosswinds are the very
bugger!  We had some very effective ideas for the Olympics (I worked for that
committee) but, predictably they were so good that they were all banned!
Peter Lissaman, Da Vinci Ventures

Expertise is not knowing everything, but knowing what to look for.

1454 Miracerros Loop South, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505,USA
tel:(505)983-7728