Hi

I'm an engineer (so not really a scientist). Was just mulling if
everything on this list has to be "complex" (ie. made complicated) by
converting / reducing to simple mathematical "models" (with loads of
assumptions) to solve problems, which nobody (or hardly anyone) faces
in the real world, on inappropriate machines.

Analog computers IMO could include many practical (but now obsolete)
devices like a) analog PID controllers b) firing trajectory
controllers c) range finders etc.

Sarbajit Roy