Eric, Mohammed, et al.:

Alex Poddiakov, in Moscow, has done work that seems to me like it
*might* be related to this question; for instance, on what he calls
"Trojan horse learning".  I refer you to his website, where various
manuscripts (some in Russian, some in Russglish) are available and
others are at least pointed to. <http://epee.hse.ru/Poddiakov>

Lee Rudolph