---
Speaking of St Johns; I just got back from John Rees' lecture about Neuronal Migration, and was chagrined that I seemed to be the only person who attended both that and the 'Evolution of Intelligence' / Ulam lectures. Amongst topics like head transplants and the efficacy of neurotropic drugs for learning (" Just study better" was Rees' response, himself a Johnnie) were a number of questions touching on the same areas that David brought up, about the development and nature of computational models of brain activity.

Tory

On Sep 9, 2011, at 10:26 PM, Nicholas Thompson wrote:

In neither place does one get the stunning views of the Jemez and the Sangre de Cristo’s we get at St. Johns.

From: Victoria Hughes [mailto:victo...@toryhughes.com]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 9:06 PM
To: disc...@sfcomplex.org
Subject: Re: [sfx: Discuss] Friam @ Lucky Bean this Friday

The Zia diner is a good place earlier in the day: the back room where the bar / lounge area is frequently hosts small groups in the morning, and they are happy to serve coffee or tea without food. They are about 150 feet from Lucky Bean. I agree with Kim re the atmosphere at Lucky Bean.

Tory

Tory Hughes
www.toryhughes.com
The Creative Development manual