I do believe the idea behind this teaching style isn't the content of
the videos, which are only as good as the lecturer, but instead its
the change in pedagogy. This style embraces several elements that I
find excellent:

A) Lectures as homework, class time as tutorial - When it comes down
to it, lecturers are impersonal. A lecturer, highly skilled in
teaching, can produce a video that explains topics better than a great
number of teachers could in class. By assigning the lecture as
homework, teachers can spend their class time answering questions,
helping students with tricky problems, and spending more personalized
time with students. Motivated students can also watch further into the
course receiving instruction from both lecture and textbook.

B) Pre-requisite flow and metrics - In the same way a college
restricts someone from enrolling in Calc 2 before demonstrating
proficiency Calc 1, this program does this on a granular level for
individual course topics. This identifies where a child has
weaknesses, and does not progress them to a compound idea including
the weakness until the weakness is addressed. This style also allows
excellent students to move at a quicker pace, and helps the teacher
identity students who are having trouble using built in metrics.

Greg Sonnenfeld

"Junior programmers create simple solutions to simple problems. Senior
programmers create complex solutions to complex problems. Great
programmers find simple solutions to complex problems. The code
written by topnotch programmers may appear obvious, once it is
finished, but it is vastly more difficult to create."