Dear Nick

I think the both of us are talking at cross purposes here.
I know next to nothing about philosophy. Perhaps somebody like Richard
Dawkins could help you here.

In my faith (I do wish the Islamists, Mormons, Sikhs, etc on this list
would speak out) . the "Devil" is all that is "known" (and hence
wrong) whereas "God" is that which is "unknown" / unknowable. The more
we become knowledgeable the less wise/efficient we are.

Islam apparently has a similar view (although perhaps not for the same
reasons as us). Images on Television are "devilish" (whereas those
gazillion black and white pixellated dots on a blank channel are
"God"). I recall a SF short story about a programmer who starts off
decoding this seemingly random white noise with a BASIC progam on an
Apple II and works it up eventually to a supercomputer where he starts
getting pseudo-gibberish possibly from God.

In sum: Philosophy falls in the realm of Devils ... and your name is very apt.

Sarbajit