Robots do lip service quite handily.

"We value your call."

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: friam-boun...@redfish.com [mailto:friam-boun...@redfish.com] On Behalf
Of Sarbajit Roy
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:22 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] faith, zombies, and crazy people

Glen:

(aside) In addition to my "faith" hat, I also have a "designer/manufacturer
of programmable logic controller" hat.

To design an artificial life form (android / zombie ...) capable of
successfully passing among humans in a religious (faith) setting you would
probably need tons of "memory" (or else some channeling reinforcement,
probabilistic determinative  etc. mechanism) and the ability to dynamically
mimic "emotions" such as "boredom", "guilt", "trust", "sin", "obedience",
"lip-service" etc. The zombie wouldn't have to bring much "knowledge" or
"wisdom" to this setting as the more brain dead it is the easier it is for
to pass.