>We need a sequence of actions that might actually cause a person to "have
>faith".

2 examples. a)  way cults work, and b) ways a magnet works.

In a (religious) cult, the newbies are first encouraged to join in on
simple actions like clapping. This is a psychological device to get
them to participate and show that nobody objects to their "actions".
Then they are encouraged to "sing a little bit" .. moving onto
dancing, chanting, praise be the lording or whatever ....

Pick a magnet, any magnet. Pick a piece of unmagnetic iron. Gently
stroke said magnet in the same direction repeatedly over said piece of
iron. Note those little (Brainwashed) magnetic dipoles lining up just
so ... That's how the faith model and Al-Qaeda works.

Sarbajit