While investigating cloud back up I ran across a outfit called cloudswave (
cloudswave <http://www.cloudswave.com>)-who pointed me to there service
called box+ I've only done a bit of poking and proding it looks like the
use quite a bit of the google ecology where it gets interesting though is
they offer either a terabyte of storage for just under 20 a month. Compared
to googles 45 for the same amount of space I have no idea how they can
afford that.
They also claim they have some sort of app that can work with a desktop app
for colaberation-
One pro for google is brand name recognition I was in a meeting today and
the lady I asked the lady I was talking to if she'd accept a link pointing
to  google drive she delitedly said oh sure. I'm not sure i'd get the same
instant: aha that's a known work safe place reaction from google
competitors.
(even if they are cheeper)