Hi Merle --

The bottom line on the news last night is that we're 300,000 acres behind
last year's tally with a measly 57,000 acres of fires, and the signs are
that the fire season will close early.  There are three fires that have
been visible from Santa Fe -- Tres Lagunas to the east and Thompson Ridge
to the west have been active for more than two weeks.  The Jaroso fire only
started this week to the northeast and prompted the pyrocumulus discussion.
 The Thompson Ridge fire sent us smoke one evening, but aside from that
it's been easy breathing here in Santa Fe.

Hope you're enjoying Bhutan,

-- rec --