mar...@snoutfarm.com wrote at 07/15/2013 10:08 AM:
> A short term sample of all traffic could be used analogously to a UAV video
> recording. Take any suspect or event and look for any and all signals
> leading to them backward in time.   Declare the source of those signals
> suspects & find the correlated physical sites & compromise them.  Recurse.

Yeah, that does imply a good index ... a kind of inverted light cone.  I can
imagine an explosion in the number of compromised sites, though.  You'd need
some way of rolling out ancillary sites, perhaps based on the number of
associated indices.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. - Frank Herbert "Dune"