This article seems relevant:
http://evonomics.com/how-to-legally-own-another-person/

What he's describing as "employable" seems akin (though antithetic) to the
concept of "taboo". The one element that doesn't mesh is the
responsibility/accountability that accompanies freedom. The risks
associated with an ungrounded freedom, including whatever grounding a
monarch/genius might avoid tying themselves to, are always higher. What
made the tea partiers and "new libertarians" so silly is their
arbitrariness with respect to the authorities they admit and those they
rely upon. When I was a libertarian, most of us admitted the fact we'd
probably end up living in a broken van underneath a bridge. Our freedom was
borne out of our willingness to give everything for the ideal. New
"libertarians" are nothing more than slaves to the benefits they don't want
to pay for.